A leading Hampshire based financial services organisation seek a Senior Test Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of the defined goals of the agile team. They will identify the needed integration testing effort and will proactively partner across agile teams to ensure the appropriate testing is completed to not impact other teams. There will be deep application and test technology skillset subject matter experts. You may be required to research third party / cloud solutions and how best to manage quality deliverables on them.
The Senior Test Engineer plays a critical role in mentoring Test Engineers of all levels to ensure they are growing future talent within the agile teams.
Experience required for the Senior Test Engineer – Automation / Integration Testing position:
- Full experience of the end to end test process.
- Ability to deliver effective testing through manual or automated implementations (with a bias in favour of automation wherever practical).
- Experience of System and Integration Testing activities along with co-ordination of User Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to demonstrate test traceability.
- Able to report on progress whenever required.
- Experience in the articulation and refinement of both Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Demonstrates experience of testing Non-Functional Requirements.
- Fully conversant on various development methodologies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the process and benefits of Test-Driven Development.
- Experienced in the BDD approach.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience in web-based testing.
- Experience of testing APIs using industry standard tools such as Fiddler, Postman, SOAPUI or equivalent.
- Proficient use of SQL.
- Understanding of virtual machinery and cloud-based technologies.
- A proven ability to train and develop other members within the same discipline.
- A track record of successful engagement with stakeholders ranging from team peers to Senior Management.
Experience within Automation expectations for the Senior Test Engineer – Automation / Integration Testing position:
- C# / ASP.Net.
- Visual Studio (including the identification of appropriate NuGet packages).
- Selenium WebDriver (preferably using the Page Object Model).