A leading global financial services (industry knowledge is NOT essential) company seek an experienced and confident Senior Infrastructure Engineer, to work within a project and implementation orientated role, ensuring global and regional projects are implemented to the highest technical standards, with a focus on integration of newly acquired companies. The individual will also be expected to provide technical support, regular maintenance and monitoring to the whole of the company’s global infrastructure with focus on EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) regional time zone, as well as being an escalation point from other teams.
Responsibilities for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, position:
- Able to technically lead major projects, making decisions, liaising with both project management and business line management.
- Focus on project work, collaborating heavily with the Mergers and Acquisitions team, travelling to new acquisitions across EMEA.
- Able to identify existing systems within acquisitions and solution integration into the businesses infrastructure.
- Work with global teams and architects to implement and adhere to global standards.
- Work with business leaders to implement new solutions.
- Follow ITIL and Service Management Processes such as Incident, Problem and Change management processes.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to implement their products where relevant with company systems.
- Ensure that the company’s infrastructure performance, integrity, availability and security is never compromised.
- Implementation of Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Implementation of Enterprise Storage Solutions including Nasuni/Azure cloud storage.
- Ensure Acquisitions are protected within the Disaster Recovery environment.
- Support BAU Operations team in maintenance and problem solving.
- Ensure the infrastructure performance, integrity, availability and security is never compromised.
- Create standards and architectural documentation with focus on transition to BAU Operations team including IT Service Desk.
Experience required for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, position:
- Expert at supporting, installing and modifying all version of Microsoft Windows server up to Windows 2016 and standard Microsoft applications.
- Expert in VMware including advanced components such as vSwitching, HA clustering and automation.
- Expert in Active Directory Services including DHCP, DNS, ADSS, GPOs across a multi domain environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with and supporting PC’s/Laptops, networks and wide area communications across multiple sites and regions.
- Demonstrable experience within a large enterprise, familiarity with IT frameworks such as ITIL. An understanding of the advantage for Change and Incident Management processes to the organisation.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and automation technologies.
- Knowledge of Azure, Office 365, Nasuni and other cloud based systems.
- Knowledge of backup systems and technologies such as ComVault and cloud based systems.
Desirable skills / experience for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, position:
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing Systems.
- Knowledge of supporting SQL practices especially around clustering, databases and security.
- Good exposure of Cisco network technologies including wireless and main network protocols/standards.
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools such as SolarWinds.
- SCCM and server patch management solutions.
Person Specification for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, position:
- Takes an intuitive approach to problem solving at a global infrastructure level.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolving complex problems, owning incidents and projects from start to finish.
- Ability to think logically and analyse technical information.
- Ability to perform as a member of a distributed team.
- Ability to pass on knowledge to other members of the team and share knowledge accordingly to peers.
- Able to act and be open as an escalation point to members of all teams.
- Proactive and efficient approach to system reliability.
- Manage own time effectively to ensure daily activities are dealt with efficiently and prioritize work load accordingly.
Education/Certification for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Mergers & Acquisitions Project Team, position:
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related position at a large or enterprise level organisation.
VCA, VCP, MCSE, MCSA.