A leading global financial services (industry knowledge is NOT essential) company seek an experienced and confident Senior Deployment Engineer, to work within a project and implementation orientated role, ensuring global and regional projects are implemented to the highest technical standards, with a focus on integration of newly acquired companies. The individual will also be expected to provide technical support, regular maintenance and monitoring to the whole of the company’s global infrastructure with focus on EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) regional time zone, as well as being an escalation point from other teams.
Experience required for the Senior Deployment Engineer position:
- Expert at supporting, installing and modifying all version of Microsoft Windows server up to Windows 2016 and standard Microsoft applications.
- Expert in VMware including advanced components such as vSwitching, HA clustering and automation.
- Expert in Active Directory Services including DHCP, DNS, ADSS, GPOs across a multi domain environment.
- Expert with working with SCCM to deploy images to PC’s/Laptops.
- Demonstrable experience within a large enterprise, familiarity with IT frameworks such as ITIL. An understanding of the advantage for Change and Incident Management processes to the organisation.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and automation technologies.
- Knowledge of Azure, Office 365, Nasuni and other cloud based systems.
- Knowledge of backup systems and technologies such as ComVault and cloud based systems.
Desirable experience required for the Senior Deployment Engineer, position:
- Knowledge of Apple Mac’s within a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of Citrix infrastructure and processes.
- Knowledge of supporting SQL practices especially around clustering, databases and security.
- Good exposure of Cisco network technologies including wireless and main network protocols/standards.
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools such as SolarWinds.
Responsibilities for the Senior Deployment Engineer, position:
- Able to technically lead major projects, making decisions, liaising with both project management and business line management.
- Focus on project work, collaborating heavily with the Mergers and Acquisitions team, travelling to new acquisitions across EMEA.
- Able to identify existing systems within acquisitions and solution integration into the company infrastructure.
- Work with global teams and architects to implement and adhere to global standards.
- Work with business leaders to implement new solutions.
- Follow ITIL and Service Management Processes such as Incident, Problem and Change management processes.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to implement their products where relevant with the company’s systems.
- Ensure that infrastructure performance, integrity, availability and security is never compromised.
- Design, migration and implementation of applications into businesses systems from Acquisitions.
- Ensure Acquisitions are protected within the Disaster Recovery environment.
Education/Certification required for the Senior Deployment Engineer, position:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related position at a large or enterprise level organisation.
- VCA, VCP, MCSE, MCSA.