Core considerations for this role:
- Knowledge of Cisco switches.
- Experience using network monitoring tools (they use Solarwinds but are happy to hear of experience with alternatives).
- Solid understanding of networking principles.
- Experience at working within an enterprise environment (large scale network, EMEA or Global for example).
A leading global financial services (industry knowledge is NOT essential) company seeks an enterprise (large scale network, EMEA or Global for example) experienced Network Engineer to provide technical support, regular maintenance, recovery and overall technical responsibility to the companies network and wireless platforms across the EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) region.
This person’s day to day will be varied ranging from dealing with tickets surrounding network issues, talking to the circuit providers when problems arise and assisting project teams with implementations (the split will typically be 80% operations / 20% engineering). They are looking for someone who is eager to learn, but has the right experience working in an enterprise environment (at least 3-4 years ideally).
Responsibilities for the Network Engineer / Enterprise Network Operations Analyst – CCNA role:
- Management and maintenance of all Cisco Switch, Router and Wireless infrastructure across the European, Middle East and African organisation.
- Management of all WAN infrastructure across EMEA liaising with external third party suppliers.
- Overall responsibility for the management and maintenance of the network infrastructure in the companies Coms Rooms.
- To provide support and ensure the availability of the EMEA Network within agreed service level targets.
- Follow ITIL and Service Management Processes such as Incident, Problem and Change management processes.
- Able to collaborate with other regional and global teams.
- Take ownership in ensuring documentation is created and maintained.
General Network Operations Management responsibilities for the Network Engineer / Enterprise Network Operations Analyst – CCNA role:
- To identify, analyse and propose resolutions to “Known Errors” of the network as part of proactive problem management.
- To ensure the businesses European data network’s performance, integrity, availability and security is never compromised.
- Ensure that the network equipment and cabling in Data Centres is maintained to acceptable levels.
- To assist the Global Network team with designing, planning and implementing a Network that meets the organisations requirements in terms of performance and cost, in line with the overall IT strategy.
Required Skills for the Network Engineer / Enterprise Network Operations Analyst – CCNA role:
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco Wired and Wireless Network Infrastructure in offices and datacentres, across a large or enterprise level organisation.
- Experience developing and managing firewall infrastructure, particularly Palo Alto.
- Experience with Load Balancing.
- Demonstrable experience of working for a large enterprise, familiarity with IT frameworks such as ITIL. An understanding of the advantage for Change and Incident Management processes to the organisation.
Person Specification for the Network Engineer / Enterprise Network Operations Analyst – CCNA role:
- Cisco CCNA.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to think logically and analyse technical information.
- Hands on experience with SolarWinds or similar technologies is advantageous.
- Practical working knowledge of deployed firewalls and the rationale for authorising firewall rule set changes relating to secure / insecure configurations in a bonus.
- Experience with SDN or SD-WAN related technologies would be desirable