£450 - £475 per day – 6 months rolling – London
A leading global financial services company urgently seek an experienced IT / Infrastructure Project Manager to be responsible for managing several Infrastructure projects, including a Laptop Refresh Project across the UK and some EMEA.
The ideal candidate must have proven project management (ideally within a technology led function), and have the ability to manage the implementation of allocated projects to agreed scope, timescales and within budget. You will have budget management experience and be someone who gets things done and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. Any Laptop Refresh and Office Relocations / Infrastructure improvement / update, Moves & Changes or Mobile phone deployment project experience would be beneficial.
The successful Infrastructure Project Manager will:
- Deliver business process changes and system solutions to the business in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Ensure project communications are consistent with the size and profile of the project.
- Assist and/or lead in the production of project documentation, and corporate reports.
The responsibilities for the Infrastructure Project Manager are:
- Manage the implementation of allocated projects to agreed timescales and within budget (if within the Project manager’s control).
- To ensure that any appropriate project management standards are applied to the project.
- To report on (and manage) risks and issues associated with the delivery of the project.
- To ensure that the projects are smoothly handed over to the business and Operational Support teams.
- To ensure that communications for the project are consistent with the size and profile of the project.
- To ensure that any operational risk and issues are considered within the ‘system’ design.
- Maintain regular progress meetings and continuity with the relevant business owner, and if appropriate Steering Committees.
- Create and update project reports required by the IT management to enable upward reporting on status/progress/budget/etc…
- To manage the production of project closure and lessons learnt reports, and if needed Project Implementation review(s).
- Responsibilities may vary within the range of tasks and activities described, with specific objectives being set, documented and reviewed by the Project Delivery Manager.
The experience for the Infrastructure Project Manager EXP:
- Strong experience in an IT Project management role.
- Experienced in managing a wide range (and scale) of IT projects, ideally across EMEA.
- Demonstrable ability to co-ordinate a diverse set of resources and teams, ensuring focus upon a set of agreed business goals / objectives.
- Familiar with various tool sets useful to the management and reporting of projects.
- Prince 2 or similar project methodology.