£350 to £400 per day (dependant on experience)/3 to 6 months rolling (long term contract opportunity) Surrey or London
A leading financial services company seek an experienced Infrastructure Engineer/3rd Line Server Support Engineer with core skills within Wintel technologies.
Individuals in the Infrastructure Engineer/3rd Line Server Support Engineer - Strong Wintel EXP, position are responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of one or several of cloud/windows/networking infrastructure technologies in an enterprise environment. The Infrastructure Engineer has overall technical responsibility for the implementation, modification, enhancement, and ongoing support of operating system, as well as the software tools required to manage the relevant infrastructure. They are accountable for providing level II technical assistance for existing and future infrastructure technologies in their designated field. Duties include ensuring the availability of applications, assisting in configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of our enterprise computing environment. They are also responsible for ensuring system component performance is at optimum levels and for evaluating and approving measures to correct variances.
The Infrastructure Engineer/3rd Line Server Support Engineer - Strong Wintel EXP, will have some of the following within their skill set: operating system(s), storage management, agents/instrumentation, systems management, security, network, web administration, database management, automation, and application technical stacks. Additionally, this position may require working knowledge of multiple computing platforms (including physical, virtual, and cloud.) This position works independently, though subject to the broad direction of a technical manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities for the Infrastructure Engineer/Server Support Engineer - Strong Wintel EXP:
- Performs tool administrative tasks and provide application support for our platform.
- Reviews infrastructure security holes, applies patches, creates console roles and reviews, and creates and installs security packs as needed.
- Implements an enterprise monitoring environment using relevant technologies: (Alert Site/Pager Duty/Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), Azure monitoring products, Insert networking monitoring tools, etc.).
- Establishes foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the infrastructure, identifies opportunities for automation and develops scalable solutions.
- Utilises verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provides training as required.
- Ensures system or component performance meets expectations; monitors actions to correct variance or improve efficiency.
- Resolves complex system problems affecting business applications and computing services users.
Job Specifications for the Infrastructure Engineer/3rd Line Server Support Engineer - Strong Wintel EXP:
- Demonstrable years of related work experience.
- Industry certification is a plus.
- Able to operate independently in developing and implementing the most complex technical solutions.
- Where applicable, demonstrates experience supporting in-house developed business applications and working directly with application development teams.
- Able to leverage Scripting and other tools to automate routine tasks.