City of London - £208 per day (plus 1.5 & x 2 overtime rates) - 6 to 12 month rolling contract
Please note this role will require some shift flexibility and it is an 8 hour working shift and you must as a minimum have experience of VDI and some server support.
A global investment bank seek an experienced Desktop Support / 2nd Line Deskside Moves & Changes Support Engineer, who is motivated, energetic and looking for a challenging environment. The applicant should have excellent communication, personality and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Desktop Support in a trading environment. The Applicant should be experienced in managing and resolving a broad array of Desktop issues.
This contract is also a good opportunity to add Investment Banking support to your CV.
Telecommunications issues related to turrets, private lines along with network patching, cabling and datacenter management. However this role will essentially be assisting in a major trade floor relocation project and any experience within this arena will be a advantage, but certainly not essential.
Job responsibilities for the Desktop Support / Investment Bank 2nd Line Deskside Moves & Changes Support Engineer, include:
- Daily support of a very active, fast-paced, high volume, diverse trading environment
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation, support, and maintenance of infrastructure, including all hardware, software, telephone, and turrets.
- Deploy/Support all Desktop Hardware.
- Deploy/Support all Telecom Hardware.
- Deploy/Support all Firm Blackberry's.
- Documentation of all systems including existing and new applications, scheduled maintenance, and incoming direct wires/demark information.
- Responsible for assisting on projects for other groups, such as Facilities, Network, Telecom.
- Inventory control - RMAs, service calls. New equipment requests.
- Frontline Support for all Desktop Software.
- Coordinate & Manage Vendor Support.
- Submit Application Packaging Requests and certify for production.
- Support all Application Deployments.
- Rack & Stack Data Center Equipment.
- Active Directory Services Support.
- Print Server (Management & Support).
- Networking (Patching, Testing & Support).
- Maintain Server/NAS File Security.